This "crazy" vulnerability in LibreOffice only came to my attention recently:
Please make sure yours peers update in time.
Some people care if software is free of cost or if it has the best features, above everything else. I don't. I care that I can legally inspect its inner workings, modify and share modified versions. That's why I happily avoid macOS, Windows, Skype, Photoshop. I ran into these two pieces involving Gentoo in the Gallery of Free Software lovers and would like to share them with you:
Hi! After moving uriparser from SourceForge to GitHub and re-creating its website from scratch earlier this year, today uriparser 0.8.5 has been released and is available for download. Quoting from the change log, the changes are as follows:
2018-02-07 -- 0.8.5 * Changed: The uriparser project has moved from SourceForge to GitHub: Code + issue tracker: https://github.com/uriparser/uriparser New website: https://uriparser.github.io/ Please update any links of yours, accordingly. Thank you! * Fixed: Memleak in out-of-memory clean-up code of URI normalization, related to SF.net bug #28. Thanks to Chris Hills for the report! * Fixed: Fix compilation of uriparse(1) on FreeBSD Thanks to Ed Schouten for the patch! * Fixed: Fix C90 compilation errors Thanks to Joel Cunningham for the patches! * Fixed: Space requirements documented for uriWindowsFilenameToUriStringA given URI "file://server1/file1.txt" (SF.net bug #31) Thanks to threedyd for the report! * Fixed: Compiler warnings Thanks to Joel Cunningham for the patches! * Fixed: Stop exporting internal function RemoveBaseUriImpl Thanks to Joel Cunningham for the report! * Fixed: API documentation front page no longer empty with Doxygen 1.8.13 * Fixed: "make -C doc install" fixed for lack of .map files * Improved: Communicate that absolutePath is always URI_FALSE for URIs with a host in uriparse CLI tool output and Uri.h header (GitHub #2, SF.net #30) * Soname: 1:21:0
It would be cool if you could update any uriparser you have power to update and report any issues you run into. Thanks a bunch!
I "know someone" who took way to long to find an answer to the question how to disable binary logging with MySQL so that it would no longer fills up all disk space putting a certain instance of WordPress offline every now and then. I find this solution rather unexpected: Putting
/etc/mysql/my.cnf is a weird mix of ini-file syntax
non-ini file syntax
skip-log-bin — without any "
= value" assignment. To
be sure that binary logging is turned off after a restart of the service,
here's a way to check:
mysql> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'log_bin'; +---------------+-------+ | Variable_name | Value | +---------------+-------+ | log_bin | OFF | +---------------+-------+ 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
Finally! If this post turns wrong in the future, it did work for MySQL 5.6.39.