In spirit of release-early-and-without-reason: here is Layman 1.2.6. Let me try to summarize:
layman-1.2.6 introduces support for tar overlays that are compressed with an algorithm other than gzip or bzip2. That, plus minor fixes.
- Warn on lack of write permissions (fixes #260218)
- Migrate to GNU tar's compression format auto-detection which adds potential support for more types of compressed tar archives (LZMA, xz or Z) as a side-effect (Requires GNU tar 1.15 or later, released in 2005)
- Drop support for broken tar overlays with missing category level (and missing profiles/repo_name as a consequence)
- Make missing overlay directory not fail removal of that overlay from the local list
- Start shipping doc sources and release notes with release archives
- Start shipping test suite files missing from the 1.2.5 release
How to upgrade
=app-portage/layman-1.2.6if you're on stable
sudo emerge -av =app-portage/layman-1.2.6
- Please report bugs!
- Using layman and proxies, programming Python? Feel like doing James a favor with bug #300651?
Gentoo is dying? Says who?!