Layman 1.2.4 released 2009-12-05
What’s in for you with Layman 1.2.4:
- Major bugfix affecting CVS-based overlays
- Support for repositories.xml (successer to layman-global.txt)
The only visual indication of the arrival of repositories.xml support for now is that contacts now show names where available:
* Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
* Contact : Tomas Chvatal <email@example.com>
More goodies will come.
How to upgrade:
- Unmask =app-portage/layman-1.2.4 if you’re on stable
- sudo emerge -av =app-portage/layman-1.2.4
- sudo etc-update # To migrate /etc/layman/layman.cfg, very important
Btw report bugs please!
How we got here:
I bet a new Layman release isn’t really what you expected for today. A quick summary would be:
- I requested SourceForge project admin access from Gunnar and happily received it,
- applied my repositories.xml patch done earlier,
- updated change logs,
- fixed an unexpected last-minute showstopper (Layman hasn’t been handling CDATA sections before),
- uploaded a tarball, and
- and bumped the ebuild.
Help me with Layman!
If you know a little Python you are welcome to support Layman development! These days my time is rather limited and there is a lot to do:
- Fixing Layman bugs
- Migrating from minidom to ElementTree
- Extending support for repositories.xml features like:
- Multiple repository URLs
- Overlay stability indicators
- your favourite here
Sounds like fun? What are you waiting for?!
The Layman 1.2.4 released by Sebastian Pipping, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.