- You managed to backup your previous phone’s data using Wammu (or Gammu) to a .backup file
- You want to import previous contacts into your new, Android 4.0-based smartphone
What worked for me:
- Extract contacts from the .backup file to a single, multi-contact .vcf vCard 2.1 file using Gammu:
$ gammu convertbackup input.backup output.vcf $ file output.vcf output.vcf: vCard visiting card
- Enable USB mass storage mode on the phone, connect PC and phone using USB
- Copy the .vcf file into the root folder of the mounted file system
- Make sure data has been written in full, e.g. run sync on the Linux shell
- Disable USB mass storage mode
- Open contacts, pick import from USB storage
- Give it some time, done.
The Howto import contacts from a Wammu backup file into Android 4.0.x by Sebastian Pipping, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.