I haven’t been watching TED talks for a while. No idea how that happened! I enjoyed a few shorter ones earlier today. Of those, I would like to share How to learn any language in six months by Chris Lonsdale. In addition, you can find a transcript of the 5 principles and 7 actions that he presents below.
- Focus on language content that is relevant to you
- Use your new language as a tool to communicate from day 1
- When you first understand the message you will unconsciously acquire the language
- Physiological training
- Psychological state matters
- Listen a lot
- Focus on getting the meaning first (before the words)
- Start mixing
- Focus on the core
- Get a language parent
- Copy the face
- “Direct connect” to mental images
Fwd: Chris Lonsdale — How to learn any language in six months by Sebastian Pipping, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.